Doug Stewart on 4 Sep 2012 10:06:25 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Fosscon is looking for a venue for next year.

What about Wharton?

Fox Business School at Temple's Alter Hall has been VERY good to us at
WordCamp -- speaking of which, WordCamp Philly 2012 is October 20-21st
at Alter Hall (Sat.) and the Quorum space at 38th & Market (Sun.).
Tickets are $20, plenty of great WordPress topics. Email me if you
want more details.

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Jonathan Simpson
<jsimpson@jdsnetwork.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I'm looking for a space for fosscon for 2013 in early August.  While I have
> a few decent leads I'm already chasing, I wanted to throw a message out to
> the list as well.
>
> If any of you have any suggestions, connections, etc that might be of use,
> I'd appreciate it.  In particular, foss friendly businesses that might be
> interested in hosting the event, Universities that you might be a student or
> affiliated at (it's much easier to get university space with a student from
> the school involved) or anything similar.
>
> We're looking for a transit friendly location in the Philadelphia area.  I'd
> like to find space for a max of about 200, with space for a couple
> simultaneous talks and workshops.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jonathan (JonathanD on #plug)

-Doug