Sam Gleske on 4 Sep 2012 13:28:36 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] Anonymous strikes feds
- From: Sam Gleske <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [PLUG] Anonymous strikes feds
- Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 16:28:11 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=4nIVhtFptd7oedUYQc/B0sJ+s7qv7t6yUyzVyECO3m4=; b=Jo4SsfSdGcuRbwwkmWOXIkmON3iq7duLOQPiPFhuikSkAKGnl887RM74x2tQglaxRg jGqeTWWaEoyHyTWfpdLUqcuDGTNQpKY85tdmNE5G+A+QBgw43uglxFSpg9BvCUDB3G8h hZr//QXdJ76kXo0YLltppGFwDfwWAXK71y9dDQSPoUWTbTDrpHmAHA0NnCDS30D2PlPB P9d5vPwRMOumdWbVJxbnodRWbIklUZneDYw5KeCgWJLcN6m/tSGWxSVTtglVsrcXMCiT QRdkH3TyrqXeGSMAJYaqJ6Cm+SLBckrVYHgWZeVuC25h+tK5wWe8T7e4RfYYoPZV8f3z xwEA==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
I'm sure you guys have seen this in other online news. But in case you haven't here's the information source to the FBI being exposed of actively tracking users.
Here's the agent who was hacked
If you have an apple device then you'll want to install the "Ad Hoc Helper" app to look up your device UDID. I would compare that with the list of 1m devices that are in the released text file. Be aware that a total of 12m+ devices were discovered but only 1m were released to make a point. Of those 1m, the majority of personal information was sanitised by the hackers because they aren't looking to release everyone's information but just prove that it exists and where they got it.
I speculate that it came from this Java exploit.
This is a good point as to why software freedom is needed.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug