Lee H. Marzke on 23 Oct 2012 11:17:25 -0700

Re: [PLUG] upgrading system hard drives

>From the Clonezilla link I posted:

====
By default, Clonezilla will clone the "same" size of source disk to target disk. i.e. in this example, only 8 GB will be
cloned to target disk, so 4 GB of disk size on the target disk will be unallocated. If you want to make use all of the target disk size, remember to enter "Expert" mode and choose option "-k1".
====

But to benefit from new OS,  I usually build the whole server over again from scratch
ever 2 years or so.   Even Ubuntu in-place upgrades don't always upgrade everything
like new options in config files.   This also tests out your original installation notes.
Is there any reason not to rebuild it ?

Lee