fred on 31 Oct 2012 08:05:11 -0700

[PLUG] Download CodeWeavers Crossover for free today...

Windows, Mac, and Unix/Linux users,

Today only, you can download a free copy of CodeWeavers CrossOver
for Mac or Linux.  I got mine just now.

CodeWeavers CrossOver is a tool like Parallels, VMWare, or VirtualBox,
that allows you to run Windows apps on Unix/Linux or Mac OS X.

However, with CodeWeavers CrossOver, the apps (Word, Excel, Quicken,
Visio, games, etc.) run directly in the native OS via a thin
compatibility layer.  They do not have to run inside of a full copy of
Windows inside of a VM, inside of the native OS, so they run faster,
and you do NOT have to pay for a Windows license.

For a brief discussion of this and other virtualization options, see:
    http://bristle.com/Tips/Windows.htm#running_windows_on_unix_or_mac

For your free download:
    http://flock.codeweavers.com

For more info, see the announcement appended below...
--Fred
Fred Stluka -- mailto:fred@bristle.com -- http://bristle.com/~fred/
Bristle Software, Inc -- http://bristle.com -- Glad to be of service!
Open Source: Without walls and fences, we need no Windows or Gates.

CodeWeavers Announcements Post
http://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/announce/?t=24;mhl=132802#msg132802

  FROM:       Jeremy White <jwhite@codeweavers.com>
  TOPIC:      CrossOver Announcements
  SUBJECT:    CrossOver for free on Wednesday, October 31

Hi Folks,

I am happy to announce that we will be providing a copy of CrossOver
for free to all comers this Halloween, Wednesday, October 31, from
00:00 until 23:59 pm, Central Daylight Time.  That's the treat - we
hope you enjoy it, and we hope you spread the word to all your friends
so they, too, can enjoy CrossOver goodness.  The expected 'trick' is
that if you're a US citizen, you should go vote next Tuesday.

You can read more about it in our press release here:
  http://www.codeweavers.com/about/general/press/20121029/

and you can see our internal staff reaction to the news here:
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkKiMJFvXbc

Existing customers will get a free 12 month extension added to their
entitlement, so they can enjoy CrossOver for 12 further months.

To sign up for your free copy or free 12 month extension, simply visit
this web page:
  http://flock.codeweavers.com
any time on October 31, 2012, from 00:00 until 23:59 CDT.

If you have questions about the details of this promotion, we have a
FAQ page here:
  http://www.codeweavers.com/flockthevoteqa/

Now I've got to run, they've tracked my IP address to this coffee shop
I'm hiding in... <grin>

Cheers,

Jeremy "Mallard" White

LIST INFO:
  This message was sent to list(s):
    Stluka_Mac_List
    Stluka_Unix_List
    Stluka_Windows_List
  You are subscribed as: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
  To unsubscribe:  Reply to this message, asking to be removed.
  Archives of tips:  http://bristle.com
  Descriptions of lists:  http://bristle.com/invite.htm
  To subscribe to additional lists:  Reply, specifying list name(s).

Copyright (c) 2012, Bristle Software, Inc.