Fred Stluka on 2 Dec 2012 22:29:00 -0800

Re: [PLUG] New location for PLUG West meetings...

Eric,

Do they have a large screen TV? That can often work in place of a projector.
Good idea.  I'll check.

If not, I know of two other places that may be possibilities. The first is Valley Forge Beef&  Ale on Trooper road in Eagleville. Sort of half way between North and West. They have a well provisioned side room with a large projection TV, a stage, sound system, wifi, etc. There is no projector that I am aware of but the TV should suffice.
Too far for me.  I'd start missing meetings.

The second is Pizzaria Uno in Lionville at rts 100 and 113. It is about 15 minutes North and West of FIS and is very close to the Downingtown interchange of the Pa. turnpike. They also have a side room with one fairly large flat screen TV and wifi.
Good location for me.  Not as good as John's, but doable.

Both places can easily accommodate 50 people. We would probably need to get 20 or so people out to get either room to ourselves.
We don't usually have 20+.  Sharing a room?  Not good.

Both also have garage type doors, which in winter can be a little chilly, but it has never been a big problem.
Doesn't bother me.

I have another idea to suggest.  See my next post...

--Fred
Fred Stluka -- mailto:fred@bristle.com -- http://bristle.com/~fred/
Bristle Software, Inc -- http://bristle.com -- Glad to be of service!
Open Source: Without walls and fences, we need no Windows or Gates.

[...]

Regards,
Eric

Sent from my ASUS Pad

Fred Stluka<fred@bristle.com>  wrote:

Walt,

Sorry for the delay...  I wanted to got there in person to check
on some things (and eat a hoagie!).

Good catch!  No, they do not have a projector.

I tested their WiFi today.  20MB down, 5MB up, so plenty fast.
It's a Comcast connection, with most ports open.  I was able
to ping, ssh, smtp, pop, and http.

So, what do we do about the projector?  Any interest in taking
up a collection for PLUG to own one?  Or does anyone have one
we can use?