Mark Dominus on 17 Dec 2012 17:30:49 -0800

[PLUG] Trivial Utilities for Fun and Profit now online

Dear PLUGetarians,

Thank you very much for inviting me to speak and for your kind
reception once I arrived.  As promised, I have placed my talk
materials online; they are at

        http://perl.plover.com/yak/mybin-PLUG/

I came into the talk with about four hours of material prepared,
of which I was willing to present at least two hours, but I was
not exactly sure what we would talk about, and I find that by this
time I don't exactly remember.  So if there is a piece that I omitted
from the web site, please let me know, and I will put it there.

I will be glad to take questions by email, either privately or
on-list.

After the talk, we repaired to the Best House, and Chris Fearnley told
me about the book "How Mathematicians Think", by William P. Byers.  At
the time I was extremely skeptical, but afterward I read some reviews,
which were quite favorable.  For example:

        http://www.ams.org/notices/200711/tx071101496p.pdf

Thank you once again.