Eric H. Johnson on 9 Jan 2013 16:32:13 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Partitioning an SD Card

Amir,

I did not, but I would have thought one should have already been there. The
SD card came preformatted in some capacity, as a drive appears when it is
plugged in right out of the package. I would have expected to have to delete
a partition, but fdisk showed none.

Two listings appear under /dev when the SD card is inserted, sdb and sdb1.
If I create the two partitions and reboot, the partitions persist, so the
partitions are being written to the card. If I then enter mkfs.vfat
/dev/sdb1, the partitions disappear, and do not reappear after a reboot.

Thanks,
Eric

Did you create a partition table on a partition by accident?

sdb vs sdb1?