Claude M. Schrader on 10 Jan 2013 07:41:03 -0800

Re: [PLUG] EXTERNAL: Re: Open Streaming Media Box

On 23:31 Wed 09 Jan     , Tom Haines wrote:
>    The Raspberry Pi seems to be exactly what I need. Apparently it does go
>    all the up to 1080p 30fps hardware accelerated decoding of h.264 - which
>    is exactly what I'll be streaming.
>    This mailing list is the best thing ever.

you can use tinycore linux to build a real minimal linux build. just boot
to a framebuffer or X, and fire up mplayer or something to run your
stream. A bash script with some good error handling might be all you need.
Claude