Sam Gleske on 30 Jan 2013 08:58:58 -0800
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
- From: Sam Gleske <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [PLUG] Speakers needed?
- Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 11:58:32 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; bh=bx7sAJ+C6IoDM9UmT+fJjAYSaA1F1FY5qN2ACVNxoLE=; b=hd2e+GyItFTt4AETFIcgtPtLRbukXyKED/p8OwX1u/pNeSFeJ4n9y16St+p89y4ZWY n/c9YAwayD1+sGmaM1u+Bq+oXOtcjIi4B6BWkO3PLqAo2kOjm+XJ9duwD1MiMXFJXXy1 NcKm/gUjsmruKl40EiYBP7VcubebdmjdDWikI44S/60COM3j+dWpeNH0nCzibbevS5rd 0M4b0ELl6M5LCqZSo1TyMgF5PXqMdl7019IvjbT/k8jtKvAMH/cVQ7QBxnWdxN+V6quN OW1N9PFll4dGFXNNMzaCpxw675zXIcCmZkYFhhBDNu4Gw8SwZ1avll8AhBRyTKbS6UPj cdqw==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
We need a section of the plug website or use another service for suggested spoken topics.
This whole emailing for speakers all the time sounds really dumb to me. Myself and others have sent emails in the past on topics we're willing to talk about but they get lost in the wave of the mailing list. If you truly want to have an active lineup for speakers then you need to create a submission queue that members can add their topics to which *stays* around and can be regularly referenced. PLUG members can optionally vote on topics (anonymously or not)... And for those rainy days when you feel like you want to email out a "request for speakers" message, don't! You could just refer to this list of proposed talks by individuals and contact them individually asking if they're willing to talk in the upcoming meeting. I think doing this would allow you to keep your hair, fewer members will be butthurt from being ignored, and I think this would excite more activity in our organization.
Thoughts on my proposal?
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug