Paul L. Snyder on 11 Feb 2013 12:04:14 -0800

[PLUG] [plug-announce] PLUG North, Tue, Feb 12, 2012 - DIY Email Hosting with Linux, presented by Julien Vehent (at CoreDial in Blue Bell, 7pm)

This month, PLUG North welcomes back Julien Vehent, who will be giving
a presentation on hosting your own email server with Linux.  Come
and talk with other Linux users about Free and Open Source Software!
Never been to a meeting before?  New to Linux?  Please help us plan an
series of new-user-friendly talks.

Here's Julien's description of his talk:

  As I am preparing my presentation for next tuesday, I figured a little
  introductory email could help raise interest. So here it is.
  I have been hosting @linuxwall.info at home since 2005. I have been
  using Debian the whole time, and moved the server 5 or 6 times as I
  moved around Europe and the US. In the process, I have been sending
  and receiving emails from 3 differents ISP and learned a few things
  along the way.

  The last version of my email server runs on Debian Wheezy (7.0), and
  uses Postfix, Postscreen (with RBLs), Dovecot, OpenLDAP, DSPAM,
  OpenDKIM, Nginx, Roundcube, iSync and eJabberd.

    https://plus.google.com/111170979471220549964/posts/craMJ8pW9Sv

  In this talk, I will go through the architecture of the server, share
  a few tricks on how to keep deliverability high, avoid losing emails,
  and keep spammers away. And some other cool stuff as well:

    http://jve.linuxwall.info/ressources/code/postscreen_linuxwall_20130209.html

The meeting will take place on Tuesday, February 12, from 7-9pm (7-8
General Q&A, 8-9 Presentation) at CoreDial in Blue Bell, PA.

 CoreDial (http://www.coredial.com/)

  1787 Sentry Parkway West
  Suite 100 (Building 16)
  Blue Bell, PA 19422

Directions and other information are on our website:

  http://www.phillylinux.org/locations/coredial.html

We request that you RSVP at rsvp@phillylinux.org if you intend on coming
so we have some idea of how many to expect, but it is not required.