JP Vossen on 12 Feb 2013 23:01:47 -0800

[PLUG] Small/cheap PCs for home server/storage

After PLUG N, we were also talking about small/cheap PCs to use for a home server/storage box. I suggested the http://www.system76.com/ Meerkat, of which I have two, one for a backup server and one for a MythTV front-end. Unfortunately, they don't sell it anymore and nothing they do have looks appropriate. Details here though http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/products/review-system-76-meerkat-nettop-pc/495.

The other company I couldn't think of was http://zareason.com/, and they might have something sort-of in the range in the http://zareason.com/shop/Invenire-1220.html.

I don't think you can go wrong with anything from either company, though I'm not really sure they have anything that quite meets what we were talking about. The mix-n-match your own from Newegg or whoever could work, but that also requires that you know what to match or spend the time on the research. Or ask the list... :-)

Relate, here is my bug "Guided partitioner with LVM leaves no free space for snapshots" https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/240813.

Enjoy,
JP