Floyd Johnson on 18 Mar 2013 19:14:46 -0700

[PLUG] Dumb question about System Monitor

Dear PLUGgers,

I've noticed across two Ubuntu releases and two Fedora releases, that System Monitor is reporting more CPU cores than I'm expecting. An Intel Atom N processor shows as two CPU cores and an Intel Core i3 processor shows as four CPU cores.

Do Dell laptops have something non-standard about them (I'm bracing for it), or does System Monitor miscount (double-count?) for other lappies?