R Vrajmohan on 11 Apr 2013 08:21:50 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Oracle Java on Debian 6

I have successfully used Oracle JDK 1.6 on Ubuntu in the past and will be glad to help. What specific issues are you facing?

--Vraj

From: Art Alexion <art.alexion@gmail.com>
To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2013 10:37 AM
Subject: [PLUG] Oracle Java on Debian 6

Trying to turn up a private Dropbox-like system on Debian 6 (stable).  (Power Folder)  Oracle Java >=6 is required.  OpenJDK is said not to be compatible with Power Folder.  Has anyone had any luck with this?  I tried using the Ubuntu PPA for Java 6, and some generic Linux instructions on the Oracle site for non-RPM distros.

I'm much more adept at apt, so would prefer not to go with Suse or CentOS.