Rich Freeman on 11 Apr 2013 11:37:43 -0700

Re: [PLUG] RAID for swap?

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Lee H. Marzke <lee@marzke.net> wrote:
> I've run my laptop on Ubuntu encrypted LVM for years.  This
> puts /boot in one partition and /, /swap, and /home in an LVM
> "pv"  on a LUKS encrypted volume.

Good point - I'd recommend encrypting your swap - the cpu hit isn't
that bad, and it adds quite a bit of security (all kinds of stuff can
end up in swap - even stuff that would otherwise be encrypted on disk
(though most distros allow non-root apps to lock some RAM so there is
no execuse for this).  I encrypt mine - and a new key is created on
each boot (the key is never saved anywhere - it is lost on shutdown).

Rich