Rich Freeman on 16 Apr 2013 10:23:42 -0700

[PLUG] Daemonized IRC Client

At PLUG N last week there was discussion about the need for a
daemonized IRC client that could accept connections from
desktop/mobile devices.  In that discussion irssi+screen/etc seemed
like the only real option out there, but obviously it is less than
user-friendly and not great on a mobile device with no keyboard.

I just saw Quassel mentioned in a dicussion elsewhere along these
lines, and looking at their webpage I'll definitely be giving it a
look:
http://quassel-irc.org/

Rich