Rich Freeman on 15 Jun 2013 13:28:48 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Sizing /boot

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Eric H. Johnson
<ejohnson@camalytics.com> wrote:
> Rich, Drew,
>
> I guess it must have been a few kernels building up. I am surprised I ran
> out of room so fast, given that I just built it about a month ago. I did an
> apt-get clean and apt-get upgrade and all is well.

I find that my kernels are about 4MB, and my dracut initramfs tend to
be about 22M.  At 26M per iteration you don't need too many to fill up
a 200M partition.  I manually install mine, but if your distro just
keeps dropping in new ones you'll need to stay on top of that...

Rich