JP Vossen on 17 Jun 2013 21:51:45 -0700

Re: [PLUG] PLUG West - Monday June 17, 2013 - Linux Filesystems and Benchmarking, presented by K.S. Bhaskar (7pm at FIS in Malvern)

Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 22:10:21 -0400
From: "K.S. Bhaskar"<bhaskar@bhaskars.com>

I promised to post the slides from my talk.  They are at
http://tinco.pair.com/bhaskar/gtm/doc/misc/130510-1LinuxFileSystemBenchmarks.pdf
and include links to instructions to run the benchmark.

Thanks.  That was an interesting preso and discussion!

I wonder what differences the distro, kernel, modules and initrd make? You postulated that the bad ext2 performance you saw (not in the preso) was because the ext4 drive was also doing ext2 (badly). I wonder how that would look on Debian or CentOS, instead of Ubuntu.

Work stuff aside, 11 out of 13 machines I just checked are running ext3, the other 2 are ext4. Guess I'll need to look into that.

Thanks,
JP