Floyd Johnson on 26 Jun 2013 15:14:24 -0700

[PLUG] Any luck with Fedora 18 and Netgear WNA1000M-100ENS?

My current lappy has a built-in Atheros AR9485. When power management is on and the chip falls asleep, the ath9k driver can't wake it up, forcing me to reboot and remember to turn off power management. I am convinced that had the power management thing worked right, I could use the laptop for more than 3.5 hours without plugging in.

I am under the impression that the tiny-A WiFi dongle made by Netgear is less goof-prone, and investing in that will give me a little more battery life.

Are any of these assertions correct/rational? What experiences have you had?