Isaac Bennetch on 22 Aug 2013 15:41:52 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Wireless router recommendation

On 8/22/13 5:17 PM, Darian Anthony Patrick wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I was just reading through the last wireless router recommendation
> thread from last year and wondering if anyone had any more current
> recommendations. Last year's concensus seemed to be that the wrt54gl was
> out-of-date, though stable, and that the WZR-HP-G300N is a good option
> since it supports 802.11n and gigabit ethernet.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Darian

Some time ago I bought an ASUS RT-N12/B1 [1] to replace my WRT54G [2]
and I've been thrilled with it. The one I have is 10/100 only, but there
are gigabit models available. Anyway, in short, I bought it intending to
flash Tomato or some other variation on it, but the factory firmware
does everything I need so I never got around to it. I've been happy with
it so far. Good wifi coverage and all the features I need/want.

Anyway, good luck. I look forward to reading some of the other responses.

1 - No longer available, but see
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320076 for
details on my 10/100 model.

2 - Which was *supposed* to be the -GL, I made sure the specs said that
when I ordered it, but by the time I realized that it wasn't, it wasn't
worth the effort to fix it. I did not care for that router at all.