rgeoffrey on 1 Sep 2013 22:02:00 -0700

[PLUG] October conferences

October is almost here and there are two local(ish) conferences.  CPOSC has announced the speakers but not yet the schedule.  PPW has not even finished asking for proposals.

Is anyone thinking of going to either?

---------

For the first time ever, Pittsburgh Perl Workshop (PPW) will be held at the Pittsburgh Technical Institute in Oakdale, PA. The workshop will be held October 4th through 6th, 2013.

http://pghpw.org/ppw2013/
irc://irc.perl.org/ppw

Recommended hotel - Candlewood Suites, Pittsburgh Airport
http://www.ihg.com/candlewood/hotels/us/en/pittsburgh/pitcd/hoteldetail
It looks to me like the conference rate (which expires on Sept 4) is not as good a deal as can be had directly through the website, but I might be misreading this.

Across the street and perhaps a better deal
http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/Reservations/MetroArea.html?sid=61439ca6-80d0-4377-9a17-adb213f6c223

---------

The Central PA Open Source Conference (CPOSC) is a small, low-cost, one-day conference about all things Open Source.

CPOSC 2013 will be held on Saturday October 19th, 2013 at the IU13 Conference Center in Lancaster, PA.

http://cposc.org/
irc://irc.cplug.net/cposc

They are supposed to be suggesting a hotel soon.

---------

I am thinking of driving to Pittsburgh Friday leaving about noon.  Though that may change depending on who is going and how hard it is to gather.  Then driving home Sunday after it ends.

And leaving after work on Friday to go to Lancaster and returning after dinner on Saturday.