Eric at Lucii.org on 17 Sep 2013 15:19:41 -0700

Re: [PLUG] encryption

On 09/17/2013 02:16 PM, Stewart Lone wrote:
> Is PGP secure against the NSA vacuum?

You can use the most powerful and difficult to break encryption software... but
if they want your information they will find a way.

About 15 or 20 years ago a member of the Philly "mob" kept accounting of his
criminal enterprise on a computer and he secured the data with PGP.

The FBI installed a key-logger (or a camera over his keyboard - I forget which)
when they copied his hard drive.  The next time he un-encrypted his data, poof -
they could too.

If I recall correctly he's out of jail now.

Eric
--
#  Eric Lucas
#