Michael Leone on 25 Oct 2013 13:16:34 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Fwd: Openssl config question

I ended up making a small text file called /etc/ssl/cert-extensions,
and put these lines in:

keyUsage=digitalSignature,keyEncipherment,dataEncipherment
extendedKeyUsage=serverAuth,clientAuth

Issued a new cert, and added "-extfile /etc/ssl/cert-extensions" to
the signing command. Now my wildcard cert shows:

   X509v3 extensions:
            X509v3 Key Usage:
                Digital Signature, Key Encipherment, Data Encipherment
            X509v3 Extended Key Usage:
                TLS Web Server Authentication, TLS Web Client Authentication

And I used that for the Connection Broker - Publishing and the other
services. And I was not prompted that the application was from an
unknown publisher. I was asked if I trusted this app, and to not be
prompted again in future. And then it all Just Worked. No more
prompts, everything happens over SSL, the app is a trusted app.

Took a while, but it looks like I am past those hurdles, and can now
worry about application performance, etc.

Thanks everybody.