Michael Leone on 3 Jan 2014 12:05:23 -0800

Re: [PLUG] calculating cost of a process

On Friday, January 3, 2014, Daniel Aharon wrote:
So I'm tasked with determining the monetary cost of each execution run of a process on a Win2008R2 box, so management can go to investors and say "Our method costs XX cents per file".

My guess at one way to do this is:

(cost of server)+(fractional cost of colo resources)
        time the process takes

I know how I'd time a process on Linux (using "time"), but does anyone have a suggestion for a Windows equivalent?

Use Powershell.

 http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscriptingguy/archive/2013/02/27/powertip-use-powershell-to-easily-find-how-long-a-process-runs.aspx