Carl Johnson on 15 Jan 2014 08:47:04 -0800
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] debugging an init script
- From: Carl Johnson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: PLUG <email@example.com>
- Subject: [PLUG] debugging an init script
- Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 11:46:14 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=4OnsIEnwzaVmiAVc45oWAhzk1lbCmoY8TqqiNdN4L00=; b=f2Imlp/WBPGvC/UYRadaxmtAKN2UfJTvFUkkKFnfc67FpBzxseA40qm1dwIGi+R9eZ MeVig+2aympazSi1fJ3SGpxeWrheSHNCUzp/92EtmjUDi/k4ptOU+5v5sgpx6KarFwwi Etpixo4wbBzpa19R8V+cnOZAHhNhSm/i5r+M40hRJbwd9ricsEFP9FHdRWMBYTyi/D4t 78xkMtsGOS5RrEo7hEjHiFNGLu3PGa2Yu98wYEpWOZpCGe+daPd4qFem4XyN4lXrR7DU 1dVfrxXtZUgh4keHQwI6s5GvIPcGd6YK2inW42Xq0qkXTfe6h218tNdurTB586ls/BAH eIcQ==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: "plug" <email@example.com>
Can someone in PLUG can help me out? My google-fu isn't that strong today.
I've a Centos 6.5 box that has a service that won't start. Every time I run "service <script name> start" I get a red "[FAILED] message.
Does anyone have any idea how I can log/watch/debug this script to see why/where it's failing as it runs? Can I redirect the sub-shell output to a logfile somehow? Is there a way to make it send all output to stdout?
All I know right now is that it's failing. The script doesn't have the logic in it to tell me "xyz.conf is missing....... [FAILED] or that it's failing because it can't write a PID to /var/run" or something like that.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug