Isaac Bennetch on 18 Jan 2014 07:34:13 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Signed GPG keys but still can't send mail

Thanks for the quick response, Brent. On the surface that makes sense
because I don't recall being prompted for a trust level nor explicitly
setting one. Furthermore, in the Enigmail prompt where I see lots of red
un-selectable checkboxes, for that particular friend the "Trust" column
reads "Untrusted". However, if I do "gpg --edit-key friend" I see

pub  4096R/AAAAAAAA  created: 2009-06-27  expires: never       usage: SC
                     trust: full          validity: unknown
sub  4096R/BBBBBBBB  created: 2009-07-17  expires: never       usage: E
sub  4096R/CCCCCCCC  created: 2013-09-29  expires: 2014-10-22  usage: S

Which seems I "fully" trust this friend's key. So I'm still confused.