Bill Patterson on 20 Feb 2014 13:21:14 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Corporate email and webpage hosting provider?

I've had good service from phpwebhosting.com (after they were taken over by new owners in 2000 or 2001), with the site never disappearing or losing data. There have been occasional down times. But there was an experience prior to 2002 where all the data on the site was lost. It never repeated under the new owners.

There is a new issue with many providers of email servers, in that many large sites will block a sender by IP address, and a hosting service's shared server may not be able to help getting blocked, because all it takes is one spammer signing up for the hosting service to get everyone on the IP tarnished and blocked. This DID happen to me with phpwebhosting.com through no fault of theirs. They have a workaround they say will work, but rather than implement it I took the easier route and redirected my email through comcast.net instead of phpwebhosting.com.

Bill