Michael Leone on 21 Feb 2014 09:42:38 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Signing contracts digitally?

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 12:35 PM, brent timothy saner
<brent.saner@gmail.com> wrote:

> So informally, we know that digital signatures *can* be accepted in
> UK/Europe court of law, generally speaking. If my reading is correct.[0]
>
> However, what is the status of this in the US?

I would only accept the word of a lawyer on this, not a mailing list
opinion. Not on something that might be legally binding, and for which
you might be held accountable. And even then, a lawyer who hopefully
had experience in this kind of law. While that's not a full guarantee,
a legal opinion by a trained professional would hold a whole lot more
weight in court.

 FWIW.