Doug Stewart on 23 Feb 2014 17:28:27 -0800

Re: [PLUG] BUTT being a pain in the...

Sounds like you need the 32 bit version of the library and you only have the 64 bit ones installed.

--
Doug Stewart

On Feb 23, 2014, at 8:26 PM, Adam Zion <azion1995@gmail.com> wrote:

I just gave up on trying to find out which niggling little bit was making my audio streams crash constantly in Second Life, and reimaged my System76 box w/Ubuntu 13.10. It was time anyhow, having been at least 2 years since the last time I rebuilt the system. And, w/my roll-my-own NAS sitting next to the system, zippie doo lost if I trash the whole system.

Sadly, it's now being a real bitch to me, and refusing to run the HTTP stream generating program BUTT (Broadcast Using This Tool). I keep getting an error saying "butt: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.62: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory." Sadly, the computer is simply wrong- not only does the file exist, it exists in multiple places, specifically:

/usr/lib/debug/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libjpeg.so.62.0.0
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libjpeg.so.62
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libjpeg.so.62.0.0

So, either butt's too stupid to find this library, or something else is wrong, or Mark Shuttleworth really wants me to use Windows instead of linux.

-Z

--
Adam+Zion, MSIS, MCSE+I
Registered Linux User #471910