jeff on 21 Apr 2014 14:43:39 -0700

[PLUG] Tales of updating joy?

So I upgraded Xubuntu on my oversize laptop with no issues. Started the upgrade on a new-ish box and POOF - it rebooted in the middle of the upgrade.

Ok, I'm kinda tired of being the guy with the *interesting* problems.
I have an android phone that, whenever $work email is sent to EVERYONE, it comes up as a text message. No one can explain it.

Machine rebooted to one incorrectly-sized monitor (I use 2) and I restarted the upgrade.

POOF - it worked. Both monitors. It even found the correct driver (damn if I can remember what card I put in it).

Try THAT with another OS.

P.S. Devede and VLC can coexist, provided you purge both and reinstall.