jeff on 21 Apr 2014 14:43:39 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] Tales of updating joy?
- From: jeff <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Subject: [PLUG] Tales of updating joy?
- Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 17:43:30 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20140121; t=1398116613; bh=/GtpK8KzxPI++nKfgKvlv48sqrNQnV/IUgwOHbXSQZU=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:Date:From:MIME-Version:To:Subject: Content-Type; b=NPJeHxZTll9ct+8AgbXUMaXLdYCuleofEtVrCvGY6O+qcgXh9ArTPlLffJK4MnJrf ksTe9uX3PuKS39izHrfHgEQ8qhJK3mckd43dxcnyZgFp/pk8+ppclKDkJj4OamwoY9 GVNzRnoZycM7t28bMawbptcBKcC2c2SgLnqjMXekEOvo1Zfl3XF99SosbCPMXlR9/h vi2AXS1I+3LVTs6r9ayMaJlnDwEzXuobM1/23vthh8vqYvQF7Ws8eI54JCN5J08IKT xW6dgsuXFG+gcwbs65D4P/syz5CZ45I3ZdhaIxGV0QaQ0uN5fnYuPb0/1ZF6uvF+vK X5wC0thhdFrjg==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: "plug" <email@example.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/24.4.0
So I upgraded Xubuntu on my oversize laptop with no issues. Started the
upgrade on a new-ish box and POOF - it rebooted in the middle of the
Ok, I'm kinda tired of being the guy with the *interesting* problems.
I have an android phone that, whenever $work email is sent to EVERYONE,
it comes up as a text message. No one can explain it.
Machine rebooted to one incorrectly-sized monitor (I use 2) and I
restarted the upgrade.
POOF - it worked. Both monitors. It even found the correct driver (damn
if I can remember what card I put in it).
Try THAT with another OS.
P.S. Devede and VLC can coexist, provided you purge both and reinstall.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug