Albo Shoe on 5 May 2014 07:25:57 -0700

[PLUG] Linux help for non-profit bookstore?

Hi - I'm Albo, from Wooden Shoe Books: Philadelphia's all-volunteer, non-profit bookstore - since 1976!

http://woodenshoebooks.org

We use open-source inventory software called InfoShopKeeper (ISK) on our main - Ubuntu - computer.  The software is old and we have modified it a good deal over the years.

We also have a remote-access system set up for ISK so that those of us who keep track of the inventory can check on and edit things while away from the store. We've been having trouble with this since updating to the latest version of Ubuntu.

Our main computer wizard Markos is in school and hasn't had time to keep up with problems that have developed, so we're looking for one or more experienced people who'd be willing to volunteer some time - hopefully on an ongoing basis - to keep our system and software healthy.

Anybody want to help?

Thanks!

Albo