Douglas Muth on 13 Jun 2014 16:23:36 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Relay Through Comcast

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 7:12 PM, Casey Bralla <MailList@nerdworld.org> wrote:
FYI if you relay outgoing mail through Comcast.

I discovered that my outgoing mail was not getting through.  Sometime
yesterday comcast invalidated my password and so the SMTP login failed.

I presume they are responding to a security breach, because when I logged on
via the web, it forced me to create a new password.    Using this new password
for SMTP allowed the mail to flow again.

That exact series of events sounds... odd.  You might want to call their Customer Security Assurance department at 1-888-565-4329 and chat with them just to make sure everything is alright with your account.

Source: I'm on the team that runs smtp.comcast.net.

-- Doug

--
http://www.dmuth.org/
http://twitter.com/dmuth