Eric Lucas on 20 Jun 2014 18:11:22 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] How much swap do you need?
- From: Eric Lucas <email@example.com>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [PLUG] How much swap do you need?
- Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 21:11:09 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:sender:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=8ZQVs+qfG0DMA49zXzJOMRsqrcs7UgfaheErsnwvr5Q=; b=WnOzUHDSxtBqZSzeh0CA/C9EJCHsCzy4d6iiidGsF5I6ZRQBfdWHYKs2YsdSg1gTXo 1nN3AELwbU1gKn+yJigxzKXVvIhiLrc7wGHJnVNnt7JFnKujV9BPJQzwQOeS8KYUk/MK 0a8YRAJzhF/Snhoevu/UFhBAGjH3bu+eCmOFoe5QdynkNCzqIjYh32BPHZdr/bSl8wu8 1Gd4WRxwH8Hk+anx5USJd3Y+WDQGIb0BBiOKcOjYE9wIeYuPay0xuSf2G5Q5LB+f9Kbe 0kKs1CCDfefrMpVi6tDLePsx/bQQmTsboB3J37XxZRhsSEx3kbVWLQDf0n5WRB5MBDhJ ZPPA==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: "plug" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Just put 8gb of RAM in my laptop. (was: 4) The system has a 4gb swap partition.
I was going to search the PLUG archives and maybe ask on the list about how much swap I need now. A little 'Google' research led me to this at serverfault which I think this is a very good anaylsis:
I'm running a VM or two (via: Vagrant) and may experiment with Docker - so more RAM helps. Apparently, keeping the swap is a good idea. I'm kind of surprised but also convinced.
# Eric Lucas
# "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth
# And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings...
# -- John Gillespie Magee Jr
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug