Keith C. Perry on 14 Jul 2014 11:28:38 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT: Raspberry Pi model B....

The core of this model is still the same which is why they called it the B+ and not the model C or something like that.  The improvements though make a lot of sense.  There's only so much you can do with this SoC and RPF is primary focused on education but they did try to give some more to the hobbyists and makers.

Still though, I'm always surprised at want the Pi can handle as compared to what it can't.  There's plenty of well priced ARMv7 boards with a lot of power for the money.

Adafruit did a pretty good write up of the differences too:
https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing-the-raspberry-pi-model-b-plus-plus-differences-vs-model-b?view=all

Original RPF announcement:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/introducing-raspberry-pi-model-b-plus/#

Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.