jeff on 18 Aug 2014 09:18:04 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
- From: jeff <email@example.com>
- To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [PLUG] something nice
- Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 12:17:54 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20140121; t=1408378679; bh=t270+7CT8DVFQIC/c2flavY4E28v6aj2jL8s1pMOxkI=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:Date:From:MIME-Version:To:Subject: Content-Type; b=MbuJpRbVtfdaFpOEu7TMURqlLap91EDV1NtmlEcbSTNNOq0a5xCSHhv6zx4ziqJ2o DFOJGHgeB+C3e/baZY9SQvlIq+06rnuScGcCA3S3nc7R+Cg2D6wQMNPx7jjA5I1GGG +gD1qmW28efSOPg+7cj/gpOZLgGzAx07YEe2DErqyvWpU9r4uRWNQvQT5joPFethtp qVZQ1+9Df68ibG+nycwFkMMV2aDEmbllBeI0IT6k5GvAqJGuNVDVAb5x352w7lEaO2 fAP3Ig9Yq+pm1gAMmiiUwNPGCaZV203kHdSvGJG40YGyfJWB5XNth/vrUefTf4hDGh nJVIJD9csslhw==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: "plug" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.0
My parents said that if you don't have anything nice to say, say
nothing. This explains why I didn't speak until age 18. Now I make it a
policy to say something nice at least once a year; this is that saying.
Everybody's best friend, Comcast, is causing me no end of grief. After
some bizarre performance issues (decent UL speeds, no DL speed), they
blamed it on my ancient modem (docsis 2 instead of 3). While the wife is
out getting a new one, I am left with no internet (HORROR!).
Checking the Verizon S3 phone, I noticed a hotspot option. I turned it
on, the laptop found it, then refused to connect. Then I plugged the
phone into the laptop, hit Tethering, and POOF - it just connected and
Bravo linux and android (and Verizon?).
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug