john boris on 22 Aug 2014 10:09:36 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] Question on using Putty on Windows 7 and irssi
- From: john boris <email@example.com>
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [PLUG] Question on using Putty on Windows 7 and irssi
- Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 13:09:28 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=NZyS4W2Srffqo2E8785+1Abj7Y7YsomZFomgN9Iqx8o=; b=MPu9OIJN6zrLN089czZDLan5f1bvTblXU4clcjRlabFSuKr8XoqMKlKMWNxsQjVQqA lVVaccdgT4arJ5bSTZVZOxxbXPIcYU/2khPo38l9tFO+TsZri62bpkQGJUajfIIPSlD4 xPA+vYM5NYAqwDXv17Tzlq+u1f5RAKI6zEO0mjkZg4lrwHkgRf2MrNVrzSgVf1OfOzyA OTu4dO6IZCL1+MK/PFv+RikGBCLfTt29lvJavNK4P71MMcSkSPC9zY8JRcNiPoMGm4ZT kTykDcAb32JlZw50jDjaWGxyZ2JiAugZVsE5wEGwMphGlov9AJ5nrv59WjLu1srwMi32 VNyQ==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: "plug" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I use putty to get to a server outside of $WORK where I use screen and irssi for my IRC session. We recently upgraded from XP to WIndows 7 and now the times don't show up to the left of the nickname in IRC. I have played around with compatibility in the short cut. Changed resolution but nothing brings back the time at the beginning of the line. The ssh client we use for $WORK doesn;t have this issue but I don;t like to use that as if I get too many sessions going it decides to get flaky plus Putty works for what I do for $WORK but all of my users use a different client so I want to keep things separate for tech support reasons.
Any pointers to config settings or workarounds?
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug