john boris on 29 Aug 2014 05:47:10 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] Network Issue and Printer Issue
- From: john boris <email@example.com>
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [PLUG] Network Issue and Printer Issue
- Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 08:47:04 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=3gtFJsIVm9Tup9bsCgy1npc4y0MamgEJaJmxk6pG4Tg=; b=I34x38ZwzQDgw3Ij6UZDpMX75Qh4sJOLs/Eyy5my9GxKmBf4XhJ13aITnJ5mp8pbkr rjoO8DJmLe5a64nU/HChkXqUIevNSs4a5fkhfGjLZLx6eIESUErkh4SAD0awvxsBkNbr JYEPdXMHtV5VxctL2cJnLUGxM+AHphyXmMe4fi/z2DIdkuL3lMxhZZQVn1RACF45Yawj nAzijPf8qEgvupwyO0i/0cs8Ee6PVPb5VJqirwvtynUeqBjeh2HpHtrHnZ1Z6+Rp85vB SeSMFJkra7LMgEjshQ1uQ29l5EaRq9oG7r6Et0LRX7ZPtjjvnJ7Sbjicdf0g1j+K8iHA SksQ==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: "plug" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Good Day to the list. Outside of $WORK I coach Football at my Alma Mater. I am the Teams "IT" guy. I have outfitted the coaches office with a wireless router as there was only one drop in that office and the closest access point was on the other side of the gym and if you sneezed it went to zero bars. It also allowed us to have a network printer for the office. Everyone could connect their own device in that office.
The High School decided it was going completely wireless, yes no wired connections in any office. I met the worker on the job yesterday and they are severing all wired drops and putting access points everywhere. I believe Aerohive. He claims we will get 450+mb speeds. Caveat with the correct equipment on the users end.
Anyway this will break my little setup in the coaches office and we are on our own. S when this happens even though we will have an access point in that office I now have to figure out an economical way to get us printing in that office.
The printer we have is an HP All-in-one 7300. (It cost me $30 at a yard sale 5 years ago and still runs like a champ) I am torn between replacing the printer with a newer one that is wireless or find some other economical way to connect the printer to the wireless network. Any ideas?
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug