JP Vossen on 15 Sep 2014 07:42:45 -0700

[PLUG] FYI: SchedulesDirect changes

FYI, for those of us using MythTV or similar with
http://www.schedulesdirect.org/:

September 11th 2014
Major Service Change coming to Schedules Direct

We have been informed that our data source: Gracenote (formerly Tribune
Media Services) will be ending the guide data service currently used by
most SD members. Their plan is to end support for this service on
November 1, 2014.

Thankfully there is no need to panic, as Schedules Direct was already
hard at work implementing a more modern JSON-based service using
newer/better data feeds from TMS, as well as a service similar to the
current method.

If you are an application developer, please come up with a plan for your
users. If you are an end user, please be give your developers time to
develop a plan.

For more details and discussion please check out the THREAD IN OUR FORUM
http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2577

---- end quote ----

The thread mentions a replacement mythfilldatabase grabber but I haven't
had time to look in o how it would actually work, especially since I'm
still on Mythbuntu 12.04...  It seems SD will be providing a "legacy"
feed to mostly match the existing one though.

Later,
JP