Rich Freeman on 24 Oct 2014 17:31:27 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Spark Core (corrected)

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 5:25 PM, Keith C. Perry
<kperry@daotechnologies.com> wrote:

> The whole "cloud" thing irks me.  I get that most people don't have the
> resources or skills to run their own servers but for me, I'm always
> concerned with the obsession of public hosted solutions vs. non-hosted or
> private hosted.

Agree that it is just one more hosting model, though in many ways
cloud is as much a philosophy as anything else.  I'd actually like to
see more FOSS cloud-based software, as in the cloud part is FOSS and
can be hosted anywhere you want it hosted.  Etherpad is nice and all,
but it would be nice to have an FOSS alternative to Google Docs (and
Libreoffice isn't it).

--
Rich