Keith C. Perry on 27 Oct 2014 14:35:00 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Spark Core (corrected)

Joe,

Ahhh, I understand you now.  Fixing the real issue would have been an admission of guilt.  I remember being tied to CSPAN a lot back then waiting to hear a financial institution executive say, "we messed up because we were greedy and we were greedy because we could be".  Nope, that never happened.  Lets just pretend to have a witch hunt, fire some people that had nothing to do which this and then have settlements that convenient omit and statement of guilt or malfeasance.

You're right, something like this will happen again.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Owner, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

From: "rosatoj" <rosatoj@gmail.com>
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2014 4:55:05 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Spark Core (corrected)

Keith,
I probably should have included a smile face on my post.. probably came off as oddly serious. The only point I was making with the second part was trickle down blame. The problem people were at the top, they benefited from the scandal. The tech guys were then sent in to make things more "secure". The solution seems odd. Make the accounting database/system more secure.

People were cooking the books and the solution is to make sure only a set number of people can see the books.

Doesn't that sound like the solution is to protect the book-cooking from being found out again?

Joe