Doug Stewart on 21 Nov 2014 20:55:39 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Load-balanced HA cluster

Or, go ultra-simple and use Nginx to do your load balancing:

http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/load_balancing.html

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 11:53 PM, Doug Stewart <zamoose@gmail.com> wrote:
Load-balanced or HA? Which is it? Are you doing Active-Active?

If it's just a web app and you have no need for e.g. disk fencing, a simple third load balancer on the front end (HA Proxy, for instance) could work wonders. Or you could use Varnish or Apache Traffic Server to spread load across the web servers.

Just make sure you enable session stickiness, regardless of which tool you end up using.