Isaac Bennetch on 7 Dec 2014 16:13:41 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Panorama Displays with Hugin

Hi,

On 12/7/14, 4:32 PM, brent timothy saner wrote:
> Hey-
>
> Are there any photographers on the list?

Yes, I quite enjoy photography as a hobby.

> If so, would you be interested in learning how to use Hugin[0] and then
> giving a talk on it (and perhaps show off some of your work in the
> process ;) )?

Not likely. I tried using Hugin a year or two ago and experienced
unexpected crashes, bad results, and not being able to figure some
things out. My results are of course my own and I know there are people
who have had good success with Hugin, but I tried to use it for both HDR
and panoramic processing and never got results I found satisfactory.
After about two weeks of experimentation, I just gave up, waiting and
hoping that someone from PLUG would come along and do a talk and
demonstration to show me what I missed :)

So yeah, this topic is interesting to me, but no, I have not had success
with Hugin.

Kind regards,
~isaac