Rich Freeman on 21 Dec 2014 13:26:41 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Verizon FiOS Business Internet Questions

On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 4:20 PM, Casey Bralla <MailList@nerdworld.org> wrote:

> Anybody else using Verizon and running their own servers?  Any issues?

I have a consumer FIOS connection, and it seems likely that their
business services are friendlier.  I did have a lot of issues with
mail relay, but this is likely because of how I used it.  I was
bouncing all my mail to my gmail account (spam and all), and Verizon
eventually just started blocking everything I sent (and towards the
end DKIM didn't help either).  I never bothered to talk to them about
it - I just switched to having gmail fetch all my mail using
unencrypted POP3 (ugh - why can't you control the SSL trust settings
with them?!) and using Amazon SMS for outgoing mail (no longer
including bounces of everything I receive).

For more conventional use of mail relaying I imagine Verizon would be
fine, and of course you can use other services (like Amazon, and there
are other more expensive options that might make sense if you have
more volume).

--
Rich