Rich Freeman on 29 Dec 2014 11:59:11 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Bitcoin presentation link

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Bill East <wm.east@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is old(er) news but I am just reading of a man, Martijn Wismeijer, who
> has one of the keys to his company's cold storage wallet in encrypted form -
> on a NFC chip that has been injected into his hand.
> When you think about it there are a lot of possible applications for this,
> although it could lead to breaking and entering becoming a lot messier. But
> one concern about traditional biometrics is that, once someone has stolen
> your biometric information, how do you change the key?

That isn't a biometric - it is a security token stored inside the
body.  That would actually be pretty easy to change (just create a new
account and transfer all your money to it and now the old private key
is worthless).

But, yes, simply placing an NFC chip inside your body without any need
for a PIN/etc to access the data on it isn't going to be foolproof.
Indeed, if it doesn't require a PIN you could probably use a high-gain
antenna to access the data remotely.

--
Rich