Joe Rosato on 8 Feb 2015 08:27:26 -0800

[PLUG] Installing linux on chromebook w crouton (info)

This is for Asseu Rodrigue who asked about this during the last meeting, but figured I would cc the entire PLUG group with the info. I recently re-installed to take advantage of the new "in a window" option so this is fresh.

I stuck with 12.04 and xfce since my acer has only 2GB of memory. ( sudo sh ~/Downloads/crouton -t xiwi,xfce,extension ) I recommend this even if you have more memory. Running crouton without flags gives info on all flags/targets.

https://plus.google.com/+FrancoisBeaufort/posts/JDVkXALPcNq

Also, here is a frequently updated list, "New Chromebooks Chart" for those thinking of making the plunge.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oKsGLaf7XMT0W2qDITgR9NBu2LEmZnL5YAh2krjFpzE/edit?usp=sharing

Joe Rosato
267-908-3532