Casey Bralla on 22 Feb 2015 10:12:16 -0800
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] TV Remote Control Ideas Needed
- From: Casey Bralla <MailList@nerdworld.org>
- To: 'PLUG -- Philly Linux Users Group' <email@example.com>
- Subject: [PLUG] TV Remote Control Ideas Needed
- Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 13:12:08 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20140121; t=1424628731; bh=ILMlWvrX4AqG6r7GJK71UqKPMOmS/4+dK1EkZUk7CJ8=; h=Received:Received:Received:Received:Received:From:To:Subject:Date: Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=oqNKiJ+jQS6F4qHvrBidXym8HarHcES8aXQDHoHJHy075ngdSUCQ0DzP21/yBOyz3 HF79k+PqvtF5SqM8z9SmUQkUStI0xmYmEq/Yw2aPoSACNkFcWCbuMq+fS/A+DOkamL lLxLYmLiXlasaQvstSLQHfQIaKaGT7sg1trn1S/bLxkkuytRW0T/SFHFmqvk9XmkbD yKJP7T3lQTEaZbveZgRl3K6slsmrhNM0/zp6SfldekWISLqKAkOSo0RW5Gv6CNj0yn LfnYKPVdG6Ff2wYRXpV8uzpFKYWQbnRTrP5xlZdWWgnnQv/WyQO6FH5uDhxHaRxbMS R17wWqYGBmTbA==
- Organization: The NerdWorld Organization
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: "plug" <email@example.com>
- User-agent: KMail/4.14.3 (Linux/3.19.0-gentoo; KDE/4.14.3; x86_64; ; )
So I bought a new Hi-Def TV for Christmas, and then just got a new receiver to handle it. Now I need some way to unify the 236 remote control hand units I've got cluttering my coffee table.
Anybody have any suggestions to achieve these requirements?
- Turn on and off the TV and Receiver with a single button
- Single, easy-to-use remote to control all the devices in all their multiple modes
- Macro capability to send programmed sequences to turn on/off, select sources, etc
- Customizable, so I don't have to have 643 buttons, when I only use 6
This seems like an ideal application for a small android device, but I don't think they have the IR LED capability to make it work.
Anybody have any suggestions?
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug