Rich Mingin (PLUG) on 13 Mar 2015 09:10:22 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Suggestions for laptop

Yes, if warranty is important to you, Microcenter is probably the most ideal scenario. You can buy SquareTrade warranties against eBay purchases, and I think it's even possible to buy an aftermarket SquareTrade warranty against a purchase from me or $random_person, but Microcenter has the best and most established version.

On the other hand, I don't usually worry about warranties on laptops I purchase for less than ~500$, since the warranty service ends up costing a significant percentage of what the laptop itself did.