Joe Rosato on 19 Jun 2015 04:23:20 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Linux Laptop

http://zareason.com/shop/UltraLap-440.html

Joe

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 11:41 PM Rich Mingin (PLUG) <plug@frags.us> wrote:
Don't know if you like to tinker (I do, many don't), but the HP, Lenovo, and most other OEMs have a whitelist for WLAN/WWAN/other devices that can make upgrades and tinkering more difficult or impossible. My last HP in particular was a horror, replacing the WLAN with a newer and better unit that wasn't in the whitelist caused the machine to beep and intentionally fail POST. Dell doesn't do whitelist and has committed to not doing so going forward a few times. Throwing an SSD (or a faster SSD) and newer, better wireless in has made quite a few of my older laptops surprisingly capable.