Keith C. Perry on 10 Jul 2015 15:04:46 -0700

Re: [PLUG] swappiness and ssd

Thanks for the update K.S..

To be complete can you tell us how you measured your "swappiness"?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Owner, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

From: "K.S. Bhaskar" <bhaskar@bhaskars.com>
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2015 5:59:52 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] swappiness and ssd

I wanted to report on my experiments with swappiness (you really have to run with something like this for a while before you can conclude anything).  Swappiness of 80 seems to be a sweet spot for my laptop with an SSD, using a swap file located on a /home partition which is itself encrypted using dm-crypt.

-- Bhaskar