Will on 19 Aug 2015 17:56:08 -0700

Re: [PLUG] NetBSD Talk

I haven't touched netbsd in years. I would love to see what has changed.

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015, 19:37 Jonathan Simpson <jonathan@jdsnetwork.com> wrote:

Count me in.

On Aug 19, 2015 7:27 PM, "Bill East" <wm.east@gmail.com> wrote:
I ran [mumble]BSD as a server some years ago, since then I've encountered it from time to time in appliance form (e.g., CoyotePoint's load balancers all ran NetBSD under the hood). I'd love to get some better information about it so sign me up - If I can actually make it to a meeting again.

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 12:58 AM, JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:
On 08/18/2015 11:10 AM, gary@duzan.org wrote:
>    At West last night I was invited to give a talk on NetBSD. I could
> probably put something together, but I wanted to gauge the level of
> interest, so let me know if you would be interested in such a talk.

+1 on the talk (North or West for me :).

I can't recommend _Absolute FreeBSD_ highly enough, awesome book.  Same
guy also has _Absolute OpenBSD_ but nothing for NetBSD.

A quick reminder on the different *BSDs might be good too.  As I recall:
        OpenBSD is the most "closed" and secure
        NetBSD is the one that runs on ANYTHING *and* EVERYTHING
        FreeBSD is the one that everyone steals and re-uses

Comments/corrections?

Later,
JP
JP Vossen, CISSP            |:::======|      http://bashcookbook.com/