Paul Walker on 27 Aug 2015 07:58:56 -0700

[PLUG] Automatic provisioning of highly secure linux environments

This is a pretty broad question, but there's a lot of talent on this list that I'd like to hear from..

Assuming that I need to set up an arbitrary number of server environments for serving web applications and would like to create a repeatable (scripted), highly secure process for doing so, I'm curious what people's go-to tools are and especially:

 • is anyone using 3rd-party / paid services that they are happy with that include system provisioning, monitoring, firewalls and other strong security measures
• what software / frameworks do people use for deployment / provisioning / monitoring and security

Any thoughts / feelings are greatly appreciated..

Paul